Birth Name: Lily Jane Collins
Birth Place: Guildford, Surrey, England, UK
Date of Birth: 18 March, 1989
Height: 5′ 5” (165 cm)
Mother: Jill Tavelman
Father: Phil Collins
Siblings: 4; Simon, Joely, Nicholas and Matthew
- Lily was ranked #4 in People Magazine’s 2012 World’s ‘Most Beautiful’ Women.
- She is the daughter of Phil Collins and his second wife Jill Tavelman. She is the younger half-sister of Simon Collins and Joely Collins, who are Phil Collins’s children with his first wife, Andrea Collins; and older half-sister of Nicholas and Matthew, Phil’s children with his third wife. Simon is a Canadian musician and Joely is a Canadian actress. She is the granddaughter of June Collins and niece of Carole Collins and Clive Collins.
- She auditioned for the role of “Snow White” in Snow White and the Huntsman (2012) but lost to Kristen Stewart. She later replaced Saoirse Ronan as “Snow White” in the film Mirror Mirror (2012).
- She was originally cast in Evil Dead (2013) but after dropping out due to scheduling conflicts, the role went to Jane Levy.
- Her father’s Academy Award-winning song “You’ll Be In My Heart” from the animated film Tarzan (1999) was written for her.
- She won a ‘Pandora Breakthrough Artist Award’ at Glamour’s Women of The Year Awards 2012.
- She has done journalistic work for a variety of media outlets, including Nickelodeon, Teen Vogue, Seventeen, Teen Vogue, Elle Girl and Los Angeles Times.
- She enjoys traveling and while in school, often visited places she learned about to further her education.
- She designed accessories including ballet flats named after her grandmother, Jane Hale, in support of a charity providing low-cost counseling in 2008.
- One of her first auditions was for Twilight (2008). She auditioned for “Bella Swan”, but Kristen Stewart got the role.
- She loves old antiques and anything vintage and also collects them.
- In her book Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me, she revealed that as a teenager she suffered from an eating disorder and wants to open up a conversation which affects women and men around the world.
- She is an outspoken anti-bullying advocate and became anti-bullying organization Bystander Revolution’s first Ambassador in 2014.
- Longtime friend of actor Eddie Redmayne.
- She was presented as a debutante at the Bal des débutantes in Paris in 2007.
- She auditioned for the title role in Carrie (2013). The part eventually went to Chloe Grace Moretz.